Bhutan Happiness Hiking - Himalayan Peaks, Tiger's Nest & Buddhist Culture
- Duration: 8 Days (approx.)
- Product code: BT20T
Bhutan is the happiness capital of the world – and we’re going to show you why.
This pack-free hiking adventure is full of comfortable hotels, cultural moments and plenty of time hiking through the grand landscapes of the Himalayas. We’ll do some dining with the locals and spend time with monks as well.
The hiking highlights include the climb to Tiger’s Nest Monastery (Taktsang), walking through rhododendron forests and a sunrise view from the biggest chorten in Punakha Valley. We even get a chance to raft downstream past rice fields on a glacier fed river.
We have scheduled this trip to spend a day at one of Bhutan’s famous cultural festivals – a celebration of their religion and lifestyle. This tour includes a visit to a special school for novice monks that our team and tours directly support.
Arrival in Paro & Thimphu
- Our team will collect you and the rest of the group at Paro Airport
- All meals are included during the tour
- Buddha Dordenma Forest Walk (2400m)
- Dochu La Gakidh Trail
- Khamsum Yulley Sunrise Hike (1600m)
- Rafting the Mo Chu
- Monks at Punakha Dzong
- Chimi Lhakhang Village Walk
- Lawa La Descent Hike into Phobjikha (3100m)
- Gangtey Valley Day Hike
- Crane Festival at Gangtey Gompa
- Travel day back to Paro
- Lunch at Eutk Gompa with the Novice Monks
- Blessing with the Monks
- Chele La and the Nunnery Walk (3400m)
- Tiger’s Nest Day Hike (3100m)